Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Kissing Hand

Dear Families,

We will be reading "The Kissing Hand" on your child's first day of school. 
This book is wonderful in helping allay the anxiety a child and or parent may feel being separated the first day of school.
In the story, the mother raccoon kisses her nervous child on the hand so he can always hold on to her kiss.
If you have a moment, I would like for you to do the following the night before or morning of the first day of school:

Kiss your child's hand.
Say, "Now you will always have part of me with you.
My kiss will not wash off.
Anytime you need a kiss from me,
just hold your hand to your cheek.
I love you!"

 




Be on the look out for a surprise that will be coming home to you on your child's first day...

Warmly,
Mrs. C.



0 comments:

Post a Comment